Applications and enrolments are handled by the School Secretary, Mrs Carole Thompson. For further details please contact Mrs Thompson between 07h30 and 14h30 via:
telephone : +27 (031) 904 1333
fax: +27 (031) 904 2526
Admission is not on a "first come, first served" basis, although early applications are encouraged.
Preference is given to children turning seven, who must attend school in terms of the law, over children turning six by the end of June, who may begin school in that year.
Pupils will be accepted at the Headmaster's discretion, based on criteria which include the following :-
- space in each grade
- proof of ability to pay school fees
- support for the ethos of the school
- previous affiliation with the school
- recommendation from pre-primary schools and families
- special conditions which may be added to the normal contract.
In addition to the above, the following conditions also apply:-
- existing health and other regulations must be met
- all parents will be required to sign an undertaking to comply with all school regulations which will include amongst others, the financial commitment, attendance, dress, discipline and extra-mural activities.
Disputes will be settled at the discretion of the Governing Body.
Application needs to be made in person. Unfortunately Application forms are not posted on request, nor are they available electronically.
Application packs (comprising the General Information and Policy Brochure, Code of Conduct for Learners, and the Application forms) can be collected from Mrs Thompson between 07h30 and 14h30 during the school week.
Should you wish to view the school, please contact Mrs Thompson to make an appointment.
What to do once you have completed the application form
The application forms must be completed in full and signed by both parents / guardians who assume responsibility for the child before return the documentation to Athlone Park Primary. It is important to note that the parent who signs the legal admission form has greater rights (and responsibilities) than a parent who has not signed. In other words, the parent who signs the contract has greater standing in the law should there be a dispute between the parents concerning their child and school related issues.
Submitting an application form does not automatically imply your child’s acceptance at the school. We do however recommend that the documentation be submitted to the school as soon as possible.
With the completed application form we require
- the child’s original birth certificate (the school will make a copy)
- child’s immunisation (health) document
- the most recent school report and end-of-year report, as soon as it is available
- a detailed school fee payment statement from the previous school
- certified copies of both parent’s ID documents
- legal proof of residence i.e. certified rates account or certified lease agreement.
What happens once the documentation has been submitted?
The documentation is checked by the Financial Controller.
The Secretary will schedule an appointment for an interview with the Principal.
At least one parent/guardian should be present at the interview with the Principal or his Deputy. The parent/guardian will be notified in writing whether the child has been accepted or placed on the waiting list.
Upon acceptance, a deposit is required by the due date in order to secure each child's placement in the school. This deposit amount is then subtracted from the 1st year’s school fees.
Additional documents required at this point include:
- two passport size photographs
- school transfer cards (where applicable)
Our school fee is all-inclusive, covering the full educational package, with the only exception being additional stationery, in some grades. When enquiring about fees at other schools, be sure to ask for the full costs, because most schools have a range of additional costs that do not fall under school fees.
Please note that in terms of the Law, fees are due and payable by 31 January 2018, however, we do make provision for parents to pay them off monthly. Parents also have a right to apply for full or partial exemption from paying school fees.
Kindly contact the Financial Controller, Mrs Pawley, to arrange to collect the relevant School Fee Exemption Application forms or to discuss the different payment structures.
To access the 'General Information and Policy Brochure', and the 'Code of Conduct' please click on the 'Downloads' menu tab.